Sunday, November 12, 2017

Since My Brother Gun Post Thousands Have Died at the Hands of Gunmen.

I cannot recall one mass shooting done by a woman.

The number one conversation on shooting promoted by the NRA is that it is not a gun problem and it is a mental health problem.

Women have mental illnesses. Men put them down because of their different set of hormones, and often call them ditzy, and not worthy of promotion or national office. Women have used guns for violence, but they are usually killing or wounding someone in self-defense or because the person really needs killing as the saying goes.

Rep. John Cornyn is blathering about mental health issues on TV as I type, right in front of the church. where one half of a small fifty-member congregation were killed by a vengeful man with a semi-automatic rifle.  Will the same man who voted to guarantee the right for the mentally unfit the ability to buy guns; go back to his office and draft reasonable legislation to control the sale of guns? The answer is NO! He will just blather, and blather, and blather.

I license my car and have liability insurance to cover any damage I may do to another person or their property. The following suggestion is not mine, my wife read it to me. She saw it on a Facebook post so I will repeat it in a different style of type. I do not know who the author was, but they really made sense.

Conservative Christians and Indiscriminate Gun owners are fond of offering PRAYERS and THOUGHTS, THOUGHTS and PRAYERS when a large mass shooting takes over the news cycle and they fear the loss of their guns.

Thier guns should be locked up until they pass a state or federal gun training course.  They should have to spend at least ten group sessions with a professional in the mental disorders field. After training and meeting basic mental baseline they should get a certificate allowing them to purchase liability insurance for each gun they plan to purchase.  Once they purchase insurance they should then get a certificate that allows them to purchase the gun they declared they wanted to buy.

I can hear the weeping and wailing and outrage at this proposal.
But we can offer them our THOUGHTS and PRAYERS and THOUGHTS until they stop their sobs. I think they will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment