Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Eulogy for a Friend

Just how close can  you be to a friend?

When your friend is a small and not a very powerful one what do think of her presence?

In your troubled times that friend has been there not leaving your side for weeks at a time, and paces the floor and moans when you are not in her presence.

Every greeting is, "So glad to see you, where have you been all this time?", even if you have only gone to the grocery store and back.

I cannot ever remember a correction of my actions or a cross word, when I act out of character.

We wake together, and often feel the need for a nap at the same time.

We met by chance at work of all places. An appointment in the lake area brought us together.  Only one quick glance back and forth gave us the need to be together.

It is just shy of 16 years and the connection has been one that goes beyond the normal senses.

Morgan fades a little each day. Staring off into the distance, I wish I could communicate in words, and hear what she sees that is not visible to me with my limited vision.

At my age I have said good buy to too many friends, but perhaps Morgan released from pain can join them over the Rainbow Bridge. 

So Long my good friend.

Foot Note: We could not let Morgan go. She is still with us. She has some problems but seems to have her own schedule. Keeping us busy with a little more care. Stubborn about what she wants to eat. We will see how it goes for the time being.

2. Time finally caught up with her number of lives. We had to send Morgan over the Rainbow Bridge on Monday 10/19/2015. She gave it a try for the last couple of weeks but what ever tumor or trouble inside finally took her down and we could not see her suffer any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment