Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No Structure those Abstract Nuts- Its in the Details

My halting start into blogdom has had me working on projects long neglected. The room I wanted for a gallery and studio got taken over by other uses. Well I have captured some of the space back again.  The art collection has lingered in hiding and has expanded over the years; my work and the collection of mine and my wife's interests. So here is a venture into abstract structure.


 
Perhaps a meaningless mass of colors
 
 
A little closer and a world begins to spin and move forward.
 


Closer still and the world escapes the canvas edge.
 
 
 


Just stand back for a while.
 

 
Now is there some demon within trying to break out?
 
 
What sins have bound, what bands bind, what pain?
 
 
 
Is there any thought of healing, forgiveness, hope?


 
Or just one more wound, after wound?
 
 
"Now that's Structure"
Is it abstract enough?
Not by me. Billy was the son and brother of a family close to me.
This was an exercise he completed on his way to being an architect.
Quite a bit younger than me, he is gone several years now, but his buildings
are standing in Europe and Asia. He was always on the move.



Is it just a bad exposure?
 


Could they be in this painting?
 
 


Dressed for the ball but where is the carriage?
(three above from the same acrylic collage)
 
 
 
This corner is for another day.
 
The structure is just the sum of minute details
 
Good Night
 
 

















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: